Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the zip code in North Myrtle Beach?
The city of North Myrtle Beach falls under the zip code of 29582.
Can I use a tent or umbrella on the beach?
The City of North Myrtle Beach allows umbrellas to be used on the beach, however, there are some restrictions. Umbrellas that have center pole no greater than 7 feet 6 inches in height are allowed. Also, the umbrellas must produce a circular shade no greater than 9 feet in diameter. Umbrellas are allowed on the beach May 15- September 15. Other items such as tents, cabanas, tarps, sports-brellas, etc. are not allowed on the beach from May 15-September 15.
Where can I rent Beach Umbrellas and Chairs in North Myrtle Beach?
Instead of hauling your own chairs and umbrellas to the beach, take advantage of the Beach Servies. From late April until mid October, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Beach Services provides rentals for umbrellas and chairs.
Here are the rental rates:
- Full Day Chair Rental: $10
- Full Day Umbrella Rental: $15
- Weekly Chair Rental: $60
- Weekly Umbrella Rental: $90
- Daily Combo (2 chairs and 1 umbrella): $25
- Weekly Combo (2 chairs and 1 umbrella): $150
To reserve an umbrella and chair, or for more information, contact Beach Services at (843) 280-5684.
You may also rent online here.
What are the beach regulations in North Myrtle Beach?
- Littering is illegal and can carry a fine up to $1,000.
- If you dig a hole on the beach, you must fill it in before you leave the beach. Holes in the sand are not only harmful to other people, but they are also harmful to wildlife such as sea turtles.
- Glass, fireworks, and alcohol are not allowed on the beach.
- Parking is not allowed beyond the public beach access rule sign.
- You may not swim beyond 50 yards or over shoulder height.
- All watercraft must operate 100+ yards from the shore.
- It is unlawful to damage or pick sea oats and sand dunes fencing.
May I walk my dog on the beach?
From May 15- September 15, dogs are not allowed on the beach from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Dogs must always be on a leash, with a maximum leash length of 7 feet. Pet owners must pick up after their pets and dispose of pet waste in the proper way.
Is surfing allowed in North Myrtle Beach?
Surfing is allowed in designated areas from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. from May 15 until September 15. Surfers may not surf within 300 feet of any pier and must wear a surfing leash at all times. For more information, click here.
Am I allowed to drive a golf cart in North Myrtle Beach?
Golf carts are allowed in North Myrtle Beach, however, there are some restrictions.
- Golf carts operated in North Myrtle Beach must display a SC permit sticker at all times. These stickers are available at any South Carolina DMV office, and can also be found online at www.scdmvonline.com.
- Golf carts must be operated by a licensed driver, and are only allowed on secondary roadways.
- Golf carts may only cross the following primary roads: Ocean Blvd, 27th S, Sea Mountain Hwy, and Hwy 17.
- Operators must obey all traffic laws and may only drive the golf cart during daylight.
- Seating capacity cannot be exceeded.
Do I need a fishing license to fish in North Myrtle Beach?
While vacationing in North Myrtle Beach, fishing is a must-try activity. North Myrtle Beach allows pier fishing, shore fishing, and bank fishing, and there are a handful of fishing charters operating in the area as well.
When it comes to pier fishing, charter fishing, or fishing from a rental boat, a fishing license is not needed. However, saltwater fishing licenses are required for people who are over the age of 16 who want to harvest oysters and clams. A saltwater fishing license is also required for those fishing saltwater from private boats.
To purchase a fishing license and learn more about South Carolina fishing regulations, click here.
What’s the Difference Between a Hotel Suite and a Standard Hotel Room?
Standard rooms typically feature one room with two beds and a standard bathroom. These types of rooms are ideal for single families on vacation.
A Hotel Suite usually has a larger living area with separate bedrooms. Suites may also feature amenities such as full kitchens, offices, balconies, etc. Hotel Suites are great for large families and groups.
However, because each property is unique, it is recommended to call the hotel of your choice and ask what their rooms and suites offer.
What’s the Difference Between Oceanfront and Ocean View?
Many properties offer Oceanfront rooms and Ocean View rooms. But what makes them different?
Oceanfront rooms typically offer the best views from your hotel. While these rooms tend to be pricier than Ocean View rooms, they do face the ocean and provide jaw-dropping views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Ocean View rooms can be quite tricky. Any room that provides even the slightest view of the ocean can be considered an Ocean View room. While these rooms tend to cost less than Oceanfront rooms, be aware that your Ocean View room may or may not have the ideal view you are looking for.
What days have the lowest rates at North Myrtle Beach hotels?
Believe it or not, hotel rates can vary day by day. If you have the option of choosing which days to vacation, then you may want to consider the following information while booking your next vacation to North Myrtle Beach.
- The weekends are always the most expensive days to book, so try your hardest to book on those days. Instead, try to book on the weekdays.
- Booking Tuesday-Thursday not only provides some of the cheapest rates, but it also allows you to avoid the weekend traffic.
- If you’re planning a 4-day vacation, try booking Monday-Thursday. This also helps you save some cash and will allow you to skip the weekend traffic.
- 5-day vacations are best booked Monday-Friday. This allows you to avoid the weekend prices and traffic.
What is the weather like in North Myrtle Beach?
The weather in North Myrtle Beach tends to be quite nice. Below, you will see the average monthly highs and lows for the North Myrtle Beach area.
- January – High 53 degrees, Low 37 degrees
- February – High 60, Low 44 degrees
- March – High 68 degrees, Low 46 degrees
- April – High 76 degrees, Low 53 degrees
- May – High 81 degrees, Low 66 degrees
- June – High 88 degrees, Low 68 degrees
- July – High 91 degrees, Low 72 degrees
- August – High 89 degrees, Low 71 degrees
- September – High 81 degrees, Low 65 degrees
- October – High 77 degrees, Low 54 degrees
- November – High 69 degrees, Low 46 degrees
- December – High 60 degrees, Low 43 degrees